The Importance of Yard Maintenance in Your Seasonal HomeReading Time: 2 minutes
When you arrive at your seasonal home for a long-awaited break you don’t want to have to worry about taking care of menial maintenance during the precious time with your family. This includes a range of tasks that are required to keep your home in top shape such as yard maintenance, gutter cleaning, pool maintenance, pest control, to name a few. These things may seem minor, but when they’re left for a long period of time it can create quite the task trying to restore balance in your seasonal home.
Seasonal Home Management
Home management refers to the general upkeep of your vacation home over periods where it is vacant. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- AC filter replacement
- Window cleaning
- Gutter cleaning
- Pool maintenance
- Pest control
- Smoke detector battery replacement.
Because you’re not always around to monitor essential safety precautions such as your smoke detector battery or ensuring your gutter is clear before a bout of heavy rain, you require someone to ensure this is done for you. At the first signs of pests, for example, a management service that regularly visits your property would be able to address this before it gets out of hand. Regular home inspections have many benefits including opening and closing of shutters, turning your water heater on/off, preparing for hurricane season and other personal requests that may be specific to your home.
Taking Care Of Yard Maintenance
A yard that isn’t maintained on a regular basis can get out of control. We’re talking about weeds, lawn insects, and crabgrass. At the risk of it devaluing your home, it also creates more work when you finally do get around to it. This can be avoided through regular home maintenance. There are a few essential reasons why yard maintenance is important:
- Healthy grass means your family and pets can play outside without fear of what’s lurking in the taller, messy patches.
- Potential homeowners and investors passing by will notice the lawns that are not taken care of and it doesn’t contribute positively to curb appeal. Taking care of your yard is more than just aesthetics, although this does play a big role in ensuring your home is always a depiction of its true potential. Your home is an investment and it should always be displayed in such a way that it shows it is well looked after. It ultimately increases the value of the property.
- Lawn diseases thrive in warmer weather and brown patches develop rapidly if not taken care of. Regular yard maintenance will prevent this from happening or at least catch it before it takes over your beautiful lawn.
- A healthy lawn contributes positively to the environment. Carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases are absorbed by a healthy lawn. That’s good for your family and your neighborhood.
- Allowing your yard to grow over while you’re back home may attract criminal activity. Criminals are always looking for an easy target. A home with an overgrown yard and piled up mail, for example, clearly points to an extended absence.
Home management companies such as Nest Home Management offer yard maintenance as part of regular home maintenance services which means that there is one less thing to worry about and you know your yard is being cared for. Your yard is just a single home maintenance element that needs regular attention. What you need is reliable home management while you’re away so that when you get the opportunity to break away, you can do just that.